We provide a rapid review and analysis of medical records, saving you time and money.
We provide a wide variety of thorough reports to aid in your medical-related case development! See below for details.
Locating an Expert
We have access to over 6,000 CLNCs nationwide to help you locate expert witnesses.
Our Legal Nurse Services
Today’s medical-related legal cases require expert examination and interpretation. Even in minor cases, the volume of medical records can be daunting. It is critical that attorneys and insurance companies tap into the CLNC’s wealth of knowledge, which will save you time and money. K. C. Simpson & Associates, LLC can provide medical expertise pertaining to any medical-related case including medical and nursing malpractice, personal injury, worker’s compensation, products liability, toxic tort and environmental, criminal, or any other case where injury is an issue. A CLNC ensures that you have years of nursing experience on your team.
Our Services Include:
- Case Screening: Screen/Investigate your medical-related cases for merit.
- Define the Applicable Standards of Care
- Define Deviations from or Adherence to the applicable Standards of Care
- Assess the alleged damages/injuries
- Identify factors that caused or contributed to the alleged damages/injuries
- Organize, tab and paginate medical records
- Summarize, translate and interpret medical records
- Identify and recommend potential defendants
- Conduct literature searches and integrate the literature and standards/guidelines into the case analysis
- Research and analyze the validity and reliability of research studies relied on by all parties
- Identify and review relevant medical records, hospital policies and procedures, other essential documents and other tangible items
- Expand the attorney’s medical library
- Interview clients, key witnesses and experts
- Consult with healthcare providers
- Identify types of testifying experts needed
- Locate and interface with expert witnesses
- Communicate with potential testifying experts.
- Analyze and compare expert witness reports and other work products.
- Serve as liaison between the attorney and healthcare providers, testifying experts, parties, witnesses and other consultants.
- Prepare interrogatories
- Review and draft responses to various legal documents and correspondence for the attorney’s signature
- Assist in exhibit preparation
- Prepare deposition and trial (cross or direct) questions
- Review, analyze and summarize depositions, including past testimony
- Attend depositions, trials, review panels and arbitration and medication hearings
- Help prepare witnesses and experts for deposition and trial
- Develop written reports for use as study tools by the attorney
- Develop life care plans
- Coordinate and assist in facilitating focus groups and mock trials.
P.S. Ask Us How You Can Receive A Free Screening!
What Do My Colleagues Say?
“Certified Legal Nurse Consultants know how to turn even the most involved case into a coherent, interesting narrative that I’m able to easily follow and present persuasively to the jury. No one else could do what a CLNC consultant can do to save me time and money in preparing medical-related cases. Working with a CLNC consultant makes me a better lawyer and plays a big role in my success”.
-Andrew L Todesco, JD, Diplomate, American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys